The Association of Illinois Middle-grade Schools (AIMS) offers a unique and exciting opportunity for middle school educators – a chance to join colleagues who share a commitment to middle level learners. Our professional network is stronger than ever with membership advantages expanding for the 2018-19 school year!
AIMS members have access to:
- National Recognition – AIMS partners with the National Forum to Accelerate Middle Grades Reform to recognize exceptional Illinois Middle Schools. Illinois Horizon Schools to Watch demonstrate academic excellence, developmental responsiveness, social equity, and organizational structures and processes designed to support a trajectory toward excellence. By joining the AIMS Network, Illinois middle schools may enter into this exciting program and be recognized among the best in the country.
- Professional Development – Regular events hosted throughout the state gather teachers and administrators for learning and networking. These unique opportunities are tailored to meet the needs of middle school educators and leaders.
- AIMS Administrator Roundtables focus on topics and issues relevant to middle school leaders. The first event of this school year is scheduled for Friday, October 12 at Plano Middle School from 9:30 a.m. until 12 p.m. All AIMS members are welcome.
- The AIMS Network Institute event will be held Thursday, December 6, 2018 at the Lisle Campus of National Louis University. The Network Institute is a great opportunity to interact with middle- level practitioners from throughout the state.
- Social Networking – Weekly Twitter chats @aimsnetwork engage teachers from throughout the country for thoughtful discussion about hot topics in middle school.
To learn more about our membership options, visit www.aimsnetwork.org/membership or contact Executive Director, John Viano at email@example.com.